Just a couple of quick tips on Hiring a Photographer for your wedding reception. These come from my experience as a DJ and as a past groom.
- #1 Hire someone who you like as a person – Make sure you get along with this person. They are going to be next to you, around you and above you your entire wedding day. If your personalities clash you’ll end up hating them by the end of the day.
- #2 Find someone with energy – Their energy is going to rub off on you and your wedding party. Upbeat fun photographers tend to work faster and keep everyone in a great mood.
- #3 – Find someone who will give you enough hours or unlimited hours – By enough hours I mean enough so that we don’t have to rush through formailities and special moments just so they can leave the reception. I understand that they have been with you all day. I just think that changing the flow of the event in a way that negatively impacts the party, just so they can go grab a beer or catch the end of Saturday Night Live is silly.
- #4 – Compare Quality –Just because you like the first photographer you meet with do not assume their pictures will look the same as others. The differences in equipment and talent make huge differences in the final product. While most photographers display impressive shots, you will notice the difference in even the impressive shots if you shop around.
- #5 – You get what you pay for –I hate to say it but it is true. We all love to find great deals. What you should be looking for is great value. The value is in the quality of the work, the number of pictures you get and the memories that will be captured forever.
Here are a few pictures Images By Daniel Micheal sent over to us that got me thinking about this post. Keep in mind these are lower quality for the internet.